No. 54 Reser’s Fine Foods Toyota GR Supra News & Reviews
- play now
- KS: Gibbs has only one NASCAR Xfinity in Kansas, but took the trophy after starting 10The tenth He led 14 laps in October 2021. He started three ARCA races in the 1.5-mile oval with two poles and a win in May 2021.
- Thirty-seven: Gibbs started his first NASCAR Cup Series career last month at Pocono Raceway for the 23XI race. Gibbs is 37The tenth A driver under 20 years old to start the Cup Series. Gibbs started at the back of the field, but completed all 160 laps and finished an impressive 16The tenth. Take part in five cup races with a best finish of 10The tenth at Michigan International Motorcycle.
- NEW RECORD: Gibbs is the youngest driver ever to achieve nine NASCAR Xfinity Series wins at 19 years, 10 months and 2 days. The previous record was held by Joey Lugano.
- 2021: Gibbs completed only 18 Xfinity races in 2021, but won four and finished 13The tenth In the Xfinity Series Final Driver Score Ranking. This earned him the Xfinity Rookie of the Year award.
- What’s the debate: Gibbs’ Xfinity Series debut in February 2021 at the Daytona Road Course, led 14 of 56 laps en route to his first Xfinity Series win. Gibbs became the youngest driver to win an Xfinity road race at 18 years, 4 months and 16 days old. Charlotte, North Carolina, became the second youngest winner in Xfinity Series history after Joey Logano who won in June 2008 in Kentucky Sparta when he was 18 years and 21 days old.
- Good Company: Gibbs is the sixth driver to win his Xfinity Series debut, joining Dale Earnhardt, Joe Rattmann, Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte and Kurt Busch. These five drivers had already driven in the NASCAR Cup Series prior to racing in the Xfinity Series.
- ARCA Champions: Gibbs becomes the 2021 ARCA Menard Series champion with a 10 victories power, plus one win each at ARCA West and ARCA East.
- Over the Hole: Veteran crew chief Gayle will oversee the team’s 54th effort in the 2022 season. Gill, from Little Rock, Arkansas, led his drivers to two NASCAR Cup Series wins and 35 Xfinity Series wins. The drivers roster visited Gayle’s victory lane with Gibbs, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Sam Hornish Jr., Eric Jones, Elliot Sadler, Christopher Bell and John Hunter Nemechic.
- JGR AT KANSAS: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has had a total of 58 starts in Kansas in the Xfinity competition with 11 wins, 18 in the top five, 32 in the top 10 and has led the team 1,216 laps.
- Race info: The NASCAR Xfinity Series race in Kansas is scheduled to begin at 3 PM ET on Saturday, September 10 and will be broadcast on USA, SiriusXM 90 and MRN.
Ty Gibbs, Reser’s Fine Foods driver for the #54 R Toyota GR Supra
“I am looking forward to returning to Kansas. We won there last year with the Xfinity and the same weekend we grabbed the ARCA Championship so it is a special place for me. Hopefully we can get another win as there are only two more races before qualifying starts and we would like to get all the points that we We can get it to give ourselves the best chance in the last seven races. It’s great to have Razer back in the car and hopefully we can take them to victory lane.”
Chris Gale, Chief Reser’s Fine Foods Toyota GR Supra #54
“Qualifying is coming up so it’s important that we get every point we can put in the best position possible in the last seven races. Ty won in Kansas last year and hopefully he can do it again. It’s great that Reser is back in the car this week. They are great people. Hopefully we can win them over.”